Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

I want to share my gratitude exercise for the day with you:

I am grateful that my mother required me to pick some sort of physical sport that required practice at least 3 times a week from elementary school until the end of high school. I am also grateful that she would not let me take French in high school, but instead made me take Spanish for Spanish speakers as well as typing. Boy, that turned out to be huge!

I am grateful that I finally started learning how to breathe. That certainly has improved my running, my swimming, but also my orgasms. It's amazing how that works.

And I am grateful that I learned to give myself pleasure early in life - 11 or 12 years old. I found that I could give myself orgasms in several different ways. And best of all, I could give myself multiple orgasms. All this happened long before I ever had a boyfriend. Not only was I able to discover what my body enjoyed and responded to, but I was able to learn without a doubt that I alone was responsible for my sexual pleasure. I am grateful I learned that no one is in control of my sexual pleasure but me and that makes all the difference for my happiness in my sex life now.

And finally, I am grateful that I became a sex therapist - not only because I love to teach and help increase other people's health and happiness, but because I see that your sex life is continuously evolving and being reinvented. I still masturbate pretty regularly today and every once in awhile, I discover something new that I can bring to my relationship with my partner or just enjoy by myself. For all these things and more, I am grateful.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home